I understand as much as the next person that your job is important, but YOU are important too. You may like your job. You may like your salary. You may like being busy or you may like the praise. Whatever the case may be, your job can not be your life. You should be living a healthy lifestyle while you are being a good employee. Really, I think living a healthy lifestyle will help you be a good employee.
Here is some advice to keep a healthy lifestyle while working hard.
1. Work in some activity– Go for a walk on your lunch break. Take your kids on a hike on the weekends. Go for a jog before work. Take the dog for a walk.
2. Work in some healthy eating– I not saying you should take 2 hours to make dinner, but you should work in some healthy choices. I always try to eat something for breakfast. I have room at my job for a little pantry. At the beginning of the week I bring in fruit, bread, peanut butter, soup, and snacks. I bring in a bag of carrots as much as possible. I try to make or order healthy dinners, but sometimes it doesn’t always work out that way.
3. Visit the doctor- Whatever issues you may be experience, big or small, you should see your doctor and listen to him or her. You may find that your life is a lot easier if you figure out whats wrong. See me blog about fatigue and how seeing my doctor changed my life.
4. Visit your dentist– Some people avoid the dentist at all cost, but having issues in your mouth could hinder your success. You would hate to have to leave work on a busy day because you have a tooth ache.
5. Understand mental health- relaxation and stress relief activities can make you more productive. Not to mention, you may like your job a lot more if your not stressed out about it all the time. It is very important to work in relaxation and fun. Take a yoga class or go out with your friend on the weekend.